Infected World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infected World

This is the forum for the horror game

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time to code

Go down 
+4
ShawnMattCraw
The Sickness
Psykocyber
Suduki
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Suduki
Admin
Suduki

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-07-03

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 1:25 am

At last i got the engine. Now i can begin coding, importing and playing behind the scene Razz. So in the near future you will maybe see some in-game footage Wink
Back to top Go down
Psykocyber
Alive
Alive

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-10-07

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 3:12 pm

Which engine?
Back to top Go down
The Sickness
Admin
The Sickness

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-08-29

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:41 pm

Torque Game Engine
Back to top Go down
ShawnMattCraw
Alive
Alive

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 12:49 am

Good choice
Back to top Go down
crasherbuu
Zombie Slayer
Zombie Slayer
crasherbuu

Male
Number of posts : 39
Interests : Gaming
Job : None
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 11:53 pm

Thanx
Back to top Go down
kendradil
Bitten
Bitten

Male
Number of posts : 28
Interests : Games, Movies, Zombies..
Job : Student
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:25 pm

I don't think that's a good idea... Torque engine can only hold up less than 32 people in a MMO.. I've tried it, but it's not a good engine for a MMORPG.

Why not trying Esenthel? It can stream worlds and it's great to customize Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nostracosa.com
The Sickness
Admin
The Sickness

Male

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:26 am

Hmm never heard of it, do you have a link?
Back to top Go down
kendradil
Bitten
Bitten

Male

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:25 pm

Esenthel Engine with features

It's free to use with non-commercial games and a license for commercial cost 500$! Very cheap for that engine Wink I'm going to use it for my RPG.

P.S. Look at the Grass Very Happy Very Happy

Time to code 03
Time to code 04
Time to code 12
Back to top Go down
Vergill
Bitten
Bitten
Vergill

Male
Number of posts : 35
Interests : Wanna test the game
Job : Still in school
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:22 am

Thing I'm worried i if it can fit on many peoples computers, I have 2006 vista and I don't use my money for gaming comp soo the pics look nice but what are the rquirements for a average game with this engine?
Edit:NVM I don't like it personally, the graphics look nice at all but I'm looking at the models etc at the screenshot section and let me tell yah they don't like so pretty
Back to top Go down
kendradil
Bitten
Bitten

Male

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 4:14 pm

The models can be changed .... And it's not about the models etc. it's about the engine and the capabilities and personally , Torque is less advanced...

Engine TOrque:
Code:
3D Toolset
Integrated WYSIWYG "sandbox" Mission, GUI, and Terrain Builder editors for creating 3D environments.

Edit every aspect of your world, including terrain attributes, weather and fog, configure objects, set triggers and mission logic all in the WYSIWYG Mission Builder. Build fully scriptable interfaces, write custom controls, edit and test without exiting the GUI Builder. Includes mesh exporters for Maya, 3D Studio Max, LightWave, Blender, MilkShape and more.  Learn more...
GeoTerrain
Generate dynamically blended mountains, valleys,
and other seamless terrain with ease.

The integrated GeoTerrain heightfield generator is used to algorithmically create beautiful continuous terrain. The heightfield generator contains several algorithmic and fractal generators, ridge and valley localized smoothing, thermal and hydraulic erosion operators and much more.
Learn more...
Torque Lighting Kit
New in TGE version 1.5! Torque Lighting Kit is now integrated into the engine.

The Torque Lighting Kit enhances Torque's lighting and rendering models, adding flexible in-game lighting editors and tools to significantly increase game atmosphere and design efficiency. New mission light objects can be configured as static or dynamic, omni or spotlights, and are capable of illuminating multiple interiors, DTS objects and terrain.  Learn more...
TorqueNet
Create large multiplayer games with the award-winning TorqueNet client/server networking architecture.

The Torque Game Engine has a strong multiplayer networking foundation built into the code. TorqueNet uses both UDP and TCP ;key features include: support of multiple data delivery requirements, partial object state updates,ghost management, packet stream management, and an optimized Notified Delivery Protocol.  Learn more...
Doorway
Create realistic indoor to outdoor transitions with seamless interior and exterior rendering.

Torque Game Engine features seamless integration of interior and exterior rendering. Featuring multi-pass texturing and lighting, and layered volumetric fog, the portal-based interiors-with detail brushes and animated lightmaps-are able to connect directly with the environment-mapped terrain.  Learn more...
Puppeteer
Incorporate your animated models with ease using Torque Game Engine's mesh engine animation system.

Torque Game Engine's mesh engine allows the use of animated multi-bone skeletons for dynamic, flexible character actions with a high level of detail. Other features include dynamic projected shadow maps, mesh vertex deformation animation, and support for complex multi-layered animation.  Learn more...
Source Included
Modify the functionality of the engine to suit your own purposes.

The source code provides you with near limitless ability to modify and improve upon the TGE engine. Modify the networking code, convert the level editor to an isometric level editor, or just use all of the cool stuff that all of the other TGE users are making and contributing to the community.  Learn more...
Torquescript
Use the scripting language you know and love (or will grow to love)!

TGE uses the same scripting language as other Torque products. If you already use TGB, scripting will be second nature... if this is your first Torque product, the skills you learn will be translatable to other Torque products in the future. Torquescript syntax is similar to C++, so if you are a C++ programmer, you already have a head start.  Learn more...
CodeOnce
Reach a wider audience by publishing your game on multiple platforms.

The same scripts will run on Windows or OSX, and can be ported into other Torque products as well. There is also a community-supported Linux version, and you can build your game onto Xbox 360 with a separate license. We are committed to multi-platform functionality, and are always looking to increase our platform support.  Learn more...
Audience Compatibility
Maximize your potential user base by catering to users with a wide range of hardware.

With support for hardware reaching all the way back to Windows 98 operating system and Voodoo 3 video cards- in addition to CodeOnce platform support-Torque Game Engine has the potential to reach a huge audience, which is a very important point for independent developers.  Learn more...
Helpful Resources
Additional functionality tools, game genre starter kits, and all kinds of content packs.

In addition to the engine you can purchase a plethora of additional resources such as Torque ShowTool Pro, the RTS Starter Kit, or Content Packs featuring models and environments from the likes of BraveTree and Tim Aste. Increase your knowledge of TGE using one of the available books, such as The Game Programmer's Guide to Torque.  Learn more...

Esenthel Engine:
Code:
Game Engine
streaming of "unlimited" sized worlds
automatic loading, unloading, updating and rendering of terrain and objects
objects with custom class and set of parameters
instant pathfinding even between distant areas
built in classes for objects:
static
doors
items
characters

Animation System
skeletal
keyframed (target orientation, relative rotation, position offset)
multiple animation blending
intelligent camera distance based facial animation support
events
highly compatible (one animation works on all meshes with similar skeletons)
creating animations in Mesh Editor tool
importing animations from external formats

Camera
custom cameras (including Fpp, Tpp, Isometric, Static)
camera effects - quake, dizzyness
automatic frustum culling

Geometry
calculating surface area, volume, distance between, multiple transform operations (moving, rotating, scaling, transforming by matrix), basic collision detection, drawing of:
plane
point (2d/3d)
edge (2d/3d)
triangle (2d/3d)
quad (2d/3d)
rectangle
box
oriented box
circle
sphere
capsule
tube
torus
cone
pyramid

Graphics
color rgb, hsb (hue, saturation, brightness), opacity, inverse, adding, lerping
screen color transformations
gamma calibration
4:3, 5:4, 16:9, 16:10 or custom screen aspect support
shader model 2.0, 3.0 supported
vertex buffering for simple graphics drawing (images, gui elements, geometry objects, ...)
alpha blending, testing
synchronization, windowed / fullscreen
screenshot taking
custom font creation
font drawing with shadows
point, directional, cone lights
dynamic light maps
occlusion query support
particle system (based on a single shape, or animated skeleton)
viewports, rendertargets (with support of high precision formats)
smooth fading between screens
2d effects - subtitles, ripple, fade using fade texture

GUI
custom GUI with support of - button, checkbox, combobox, context menu, desktop, custom element, image, menu, tabs, text, viewport, list, progress bar, region, slidebar, slider, textline, window, window IO (file/dir selection)
description of elements (tooltips)
message boxes
skin changing

Input
keyboard, mouse, joypads
detecting key states, key pushes, key releases, key double clicks, and key combos
mouse rectangle clipping, driver disabling, hardware pointer

IO
reading & writing - binary, text, xml files
accessing files in memory, on disk, or file inside another file wth data encryption
detecting file / directory information, file / directory searching, file / directory creating / deleting, operating on all files inside directory
data packing to one big PAK file (keeps directories structure, automatically sorts files for faster accessing)
drives detection (hdd, cd)

Mathematics
math operations - minimum, maximum, average, abs, saturate, sign, trunc, round, ceil, floor, frac, align, sqr, cube, sqrt, cbrt, pow, ln, log2, sin, cos, sincos, tan, ctan, acos, asin, atan, angle, linear interpolation, hermite interpolation, power interpolation, 4-values interpolation, equation solving of 0th, 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree
vector (2d, 3d, 4d float & int) operations - add, subtract, multiply, divide, change sign, abs, minimum component, maximum component, minimum index, maximum index, normalize, length, length^2, set length, dot product, cross product, perpendicular, comparing, epsilon comparing, matrix transforming
matrix (3x3, 4x3, 4x4) operations - moving, scaling, rotating, multiplying, inversion, from quaternion
quaternion - adding, scaling, multiplying, inversing, rotating, calculating angle and axis of rotation, conversion from and to matrix
512-bit precision integer / float operations - add, sub, mul, div, mod, sqr, sqrt
calculator function (calculates given strings for example "sin(2*x) + dot(vec(1,2,3),vec(4,5,6)) + 15*(1+2*pow(x,y))" to int, float or vectors)

Mesh
vertexes (position, normal, tangent, binormal, tex0, tex1, matrix index, blend weights, size, color, duplicate index)
edges (vertex index, adjacent face, normal, flag, id)
triangles (vertex index, adjacent face, adjacent edge, normal, flag, id)
quads (vertex index, adjacent face, adjacent edge, normal, flag, id)
automatic uv mapping
transforming (moving, scaling, matrix transforming), reversing, mirroring
correct normal, tangent, binormal calculation
vertex welding, edge welding, edge subdividing, face subdividing
joining, spliting, duplicating
linking vertex->vertex neighbour, vertex->edge, edge->face, rectangle->edge
convert triangle to quads, quads to triangles, edges to polygons
logical operations on 2d / 3d meshes (or, and, xor, sub..) - BETA
add/remove vertex / edge / triangle / quad
optimize (remove inline vertexes, faces, vertex cache)
level of detail (lod)
binary / text custom format
importing 3ds, ase, obj, wrl, x, xml (OgreXml, IGame/3dxi)
creating meshes out of geometry shapes

Memory
zero, copy, is copy, list copy, set byte value, comparing, swapping, copy aligned data (8to32, 16to32, 24to32, 32to8, 32to16, 32to24), encrypting, decrypting, allocating, reallocating
memory containers working on any defined structure (list based, block based)
cache for storing dynamic loaded data (meshes, materials, textures, animations, skeletons or any custom data) with name sort for faster access times, and ability to load files in local or global path
memory leaks detection

Miscellaneous
game config file support
cpu detection (mmx, 3dnow, sse, sse2, sse3, number of cores)
state manager
custom randomizing unit creating random ints, floats, probability correct vector directions, points (on surface or inside) sphere, box, capsule, tube, edge, circle, rectangle.
log file support
clipboard get / set text values
detecting system language
custom string operations (case up, case down, add, length, compare, path compare, starts with, contains, contains words, replace, get extension, get not extension, get path, get base name, get start, get not start, string<->int, string<->binary, string<->hex, string<->real, string<->vector)
timer support - frame time, current time, frames per second
date & time operations - differences between 2 dates in seconds, seconds from 1 Jan 0 AD 00:00:00 (leap years support included)
OS windows minimize, maximize, activate, move, get parent, get focused
drag & drop support with custom provided function
data de/compression
sorting custom structures with custom comparing function

Network
downloading file from url address
UDP socket based peer-to-peer connection

Physics
rigid body collision detection
rag dolls
character controllers
vehicles
actors - sphere, capsule, box, oriented box, convex, triangle based (static only)
joints - fixed, hinge, spherical, slider, breakables
calculating actor position, matrix, velocity, angular velocity, energy, mass, damping
actor groups and user data
holding and dragging actors

Shaders
flat, normal, parallax, relief bump mapping
light blooming
glow
hdr + eye adaptation
motion blur
depth of field
per pixel lighting
stencil shadows
shadow mapping
hardware shadow mapping
soft shadows
volumetric lighting
volumetric clouds
ambient occlusion
sub-surface scattering
early z
soft particles
markers
grass
fire
water
fur
fog
sun
sky

Sound
1D / 3D, streamed wav / ogg, from file or memory
custom volume groups (sound fx, voice, music, ambient, global)
music and ambient systems play random tracks from given theme (set of tracks), with crossfading support

Textures
anisotropic filtering, mip-mapping
formats supported L8, A8, A8L8, X8R8G8B8, A8R8G8B8, DXT3, DXT5, ...
modes supported 2d, 3d, cube, software
color, normal, bump, specular, glow, alpha, detail, reflection maps
texture lock, unlock, crop, blur, average, sharpen, normalize, downsample, normal downsample, pixel set / get
bump to normal map conversion
optimized texture compression
importing bmp, png, jpg, tga, dds

Threading
process management
simplified threading
separate threads for game updating, physics calculating, rendering, sound processing

So it's not about the models vergil but about the capabilities of an engine,.
Back to top Go down
Vergill
Bitten
Bitten
Vergill

Male
Number of posts : 35
Interests : Wanna test the game
Job : Still in school
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:09 am

I know Razz I just said I don't like the models lol
Back to top Go down
kendradil
Bitten
Bitten

Male

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:13 pm

ok ;P, and a windows Vists 2006 can run this engine with ease Wink
Back to top Go down
The Sickness
Admin
The Sickness

Male

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:22 am

I am so using this to make a remake of the arcade shooter Carnivores Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kendradil
Bitten
Bitten

Male

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:48 pm

Lovely Wink
Back to top Go down
suuny
Alive
Alive

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-10-22

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:58 am

How do you to relax your free time ?Mostly i like to play game .i have played wow for two years ,firstly i dont know how to power my lvl quivkly and aslo dont know where to buy the item i like ,then ,introduced by one game friend i know www.upgold.net . The wow gold is very cheaper and can trade safe and fast,as i am the new customer i also get 3%bonus when i order 1000G.so if you aslo a player like me ,you can have a look at www.upgold.net you will get more benefit use little money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time to code Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to code   Time to code Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to code
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infected World :: Infected World :: News-
Jump to: